NEW - 2 Day - Tiered Cakes & Essential Cake Decorating Skills
|Skill Level:||All Levels|
A NEW 'on trend', all inclusive certificate course that will focus on the main essential elements of cake decorating. It will include sponge cake & faux cake covering, working with sugarpaste, stacking, making simple wired sugar flower blossoms & foliage, cocoa butter painting, making and working with royal icing & pastillage..
If you have recently attended our Introduction to Sponge Cake Covering & Character Modelling Skills - Beginner Level Workshop, are self taught or fairly new to cake decorating this 2 day intensive course will help you develop and build upon your existing skills. Although this project looks daunting it will be broken down into steps that are simple and easy to follow steps.
If you are an absolute beginner we recommend you consider attending our 'Introduction to Sponge Cake Covering & Character Modelling Skills Workshop' first.
On this course you will learn:
- How to coat sponge & faux cakes using sugarpaste
- How to stack, support & transport tiered cakes
- Painting on cakes using cocoa butter and blossom tints
- How to make work with royal icing and practice simple piping, runouts / flooding & painting techniques
- How to make pastillage from scratch, cut and form secure, structural shapes
- How to make wired sugar flowers, foliage & handmade stamens. Practice rolling, thinning, frilling, taping, wiring, veining & mexican hat techniques.
If you have questions about this course please feel free to contact us.
Places are limited to 8 students. Bookings can be secured with a £50 deposit with the final balance payable by 30 days before the start date of the course. Inspired Creations Gift Vouchers can be accepted for this course. Please read our cancellation policy.
LOCATION: The Studio - Caterham
|Course Date||Time||Available place||Register|
05/04/2019 (Friday) to 06/04/2019
09:30 to 17:00
There are 3 space(s) still available!