NEW - Covering Tall / Double Barrel Cakes - Ganache & Sugarpaste
|Skill Level:||Some Experience Covering Cakes|
A one day technical workshop focused solely on the skill of covering tall /double barrel (7inch +) multi-layered sponge cakes with ganache and sugarpaste/fondant to achieve a sharp edge.
You will need some experience covering sponge cakes before you attend this course, you may wish to consider attending our 'Introduction to Sponge Cake Covering' workshop first.
On this course you will learn:
- How to split, buttercream fill, trim & set multi layered sponge cakes
- How to stack & support / Dowel multi layered cakes
- How to crumb coat & cover a sponge cake using chocolate ganache
- How to coat tall sponge cakes & board using sugarpaste / fondant using the 'wrap around' method to achieve a sharp edge finish
- Steaming sugarpaste coated cakes
We have alternative dates and a range of other workshops suitable for beginners, click here for more details.
A list of the materials that you need to bring will be emailed once your booking has been confirmed. Places are limited to 6 students. Bookings can be secured with a £50 deposit with the final balance payable by 30 days before the start date of the course. Inspired Creations Gift Vouchers can be accepted for this course. Please read our cancellation policy.
LOCATION: The Studio - Caterham
|Course Date||Time||Available place||Register|
09:30 to 16:30