For details about local accommodation please click here.
By Train: We are 40 minutes direct from London Bridge & London Victoria on a Fast Train, 20 minutes from East Croydon. Travel on the Caterham Line to Caterham Station (it is the end of the line). Our Caterham Studio is a 13 minute walk away (1 mile). Exit the station via the front main entrance. Cross straight over the road. Turn right and walk around the corner (Hamptons Estate Agents) turning left into Harestone Valley Road. Follow the 'Continued For All Directions' written below. On your first visit or if you are carrying heavy bags, there is a Taxi Rank outside the station. The cost to travel the 1 mile distance is approx. £3.80. When you leave the Studio at the end of your class, if you wish, we can organise a lift back to the station with one of your fellow students. If you are attending a private lesson you can ask us to organise a pickup and drop off for you.
By Bus: There are a number of bus route services that run through Caterham Valley, the bus stop is very near Caterham Station/Waitrose in the town centre.
From M25 Junction 6: At the roundabout from Heathrow direction take 1st exit or from Dartford direction take 4th exit onto Godstone Hill sign posted Croydon & London, this is the A22. Continue to follow A22 dual carriage way until reaching a tall set of traffic lights with a slip road to the left sign posted Caterham Town Centre (the lights to turn left are always green). Take the slip road and drive on, over a set of traffic lights and until you reach the roundabout in the Town Centre, take 1st exit (the Railway station & Waitrose will be on your right). Drive to the mini roundabout.
Continued For All Directions: At the *mini roundabout take the 1st exit (just after the parade of shops - Hamptons Estate agents on the corner) onto Harestone Valley Road (ahead of you will be United Reformed Church and at the mini roundabout will be a left turning into Morrisons carpark). If you start to drive up a steep hill (Church Hill) you have missed the turning. *If you are driving down Church Hill to the mini roundabout then you need to take the 3rd exit onto Harestone Valley Road.
At the mini roundabout, take the right hand fork (Harestone Valley Road).
Drive along the road, (past Independence Homes that used to be Marie Curie Hospice on your left).
Take the 3rd turning on the left Loxford Road
If you get lost whilst driving to us please call 07963 717063 or 01883 340529 and we will direct you to us or come and find you!
Our classroom is based in a quiet residential area, we have lived and taught here for 10 years. Whilst there are no legal parking restrictions in our road, it has always been important to us that we keep good relations with our neighbours. We like to ensure that our neighbours and their visitors can park near to their homes and that access to their driveways and garages is not restricted. To help, we would really appreciate your consideration of the guidelines that we have put in place. We always check the parking at the beginning of a class. We may need to ask you to move your car.
- When you arrive, please only park on our driveway or across our drop down drive (see street plan opposite). This means that there is room for up to 3 vehicles. It is ok to to block the vehicles parked on our driveway. If there are cars parked opposite, please only park on our side if it does not obstruct the flow of traffic i.e. ensure that an emergency vehicle can pass by freely and that a dog walker, double buggy or wheelchair can pass by safely on the pavement. Our part of Loxford Road is quite narrow so if parking across our driveway, it may be necessary for one wheel to be parked on the pavement.
- Please avoid parking any further down than one car's length past our lowered driveway. Do not park on any grass verges.
- You will find plenty of road parking near to the lower entrance of Loxford Road where the road is much wider (on the right side as you enter / left side if you are driving down the road) there is further parking on Harestone Valley Road, with only a short walk to the Studio (please see street plan).
- You are welcome to bring your vehicle closer to drop off or collect any bulky/heavy items. If you have problems with your mobility please let us know and we will allocate you a driveway place.The road is well lit and the area is safe but if you are concerned in anyway, we are happy to escort you back to your vehicle at the end of the class.
- When your class has ended, you can exit Loxford Road without turning your car around, simply follow the road up the hill and at the top turn left onto Harestone Hill, follow the road until you get back to the Morrisons mini Roundabout. If you came in from the top of our road, drive to the bottom of the road and turn right onto Harestone Valley Road and follow the road until you get to the same mini roundabout.
- If you have someone dropping you off or collecting you after class, please ask your driver to park in a proper space so that we do not obstruct passing vehicles or cause our neighbours difficulties accessing their driveways.
- We have been warned that there is a legal fine for reported bad parking! Please be advised, Inspired Creations is not liable for any damage to vehicles.
If you have any questions or concerns about directions or parking please feel free to contact us.